New to Owl Order? Click here for 2009's best posts! 00:00:00

Saturday 30 August 2008

AUD: Negaraku Merdeka!

Yesh! It's Malaysia's National Day. A happy 51st birthday to Malaysia.

Actually, that isn't quite accurate. Malaysia was formed on 16 September 1963. The national day we celebrate is actually the independence day of Malaya, 31st August 1957. However, Malaya only includes Peninsula Malaysia, and the country is officially renamed Malaysia after Singapore, Sabah, and Sarawak merged with the Peninsula. However, it makes no sense to say happy birthday Malaya, so... *shrug*

But nope, I'm not good at history. Ask any of my classmates in secondary school, and they'll tell you the times I got humiliated in front of the whole class for failing my exams.

One thing I can do, however, is to play the piano! I've played Malaysia's national anthem, Negaraku, by ear.

I have to say I'm sorry for two things. Firstly, it is Negaraku, not Negarakuku. Secondly, I didn't have a camera with me, and could only record the audio using my MP3 player. The good thing is the massive reduction in size (less than half a megabyte!), allowing you to download it.


Care to cheer with me? OK, "merdeka", on the count of three. It's pronounced as "mer-day-car", by the way.

1... 2... 3... MERDEKA!!!

2 comments:

  1. good job.

    merdeka, merdeka!

    mati kah?

    btw i drop my subject lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo. happy merdaka day to you =D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.