New to Owl Order? Click here for 2009's best posts! 00:00:00

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Spending My 20th Birthday

How I would like to spend my birthday

1. Oo oo ooo!!! (I sound like a gorilla...) I'd like to go to a shopping mall with my buddies, watch an early morning movie, then go out for lunch, then go bookstore for some reading, then go out for dinner, then go for late night movie, then...

2. Eh! Or I can go travel somewhere with my friends or family! I mean, it's my summer break after all! Genting, I've never been there before! Actually I have, but that was a half-day-trip. I've never celebrated my birthday in Singapore before! I'd be nice to see my relatives there for a change too! Or I can go to a beach, banana-boating, diving, swimming, getting drowned...

3. Or I can just grab my sister and we lay around at home, doing absolutely nothing! Well, not exactly nothing, we can bang around on the piano, relax, sleep, relax, play games, relax, watch TV shows, relax, eat Pringles, relax...

How I Didn't Expect My Birthday to End Up

1. Spending my 9am to 3pm in class (in the middle of my summer break). If I'm studying something, say, programming, or er, physical exercise, I wouldn't mind. But it's MORAL, for goodness's sake. Moral!!!

2. Getting stuck with a bunch of friends who didn't know or didn't care or forgot my birthday. Should have advertised my birthday. Everyday.

3. Seeing my classmates celebrate someone else's birthday RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Rats!

4. Running around paying rent, printing notes, seeing lecturer. Complaining about accommodation. Worrying about my migration stuff...

5. Getting my car clamped by the stupid uni admin. Running around trying to get people to un-clamp it. Wasted my money! As if I'm bloody rich! Oh wait, that's my friend's car. But still...

6. Doing favours for others, translating this, typing that, editing those, capturing these...

Nevertheless...

I'd still like to thank everyone who remembered (or managed to find out in time) about my birthday. Although I have to say, very few of them (possibly less than 5, eh no, 10, eh no, 15, eh no, 20. That's not so bad!) actually remembered it - thanks to Facebook and Friendster and such.

Actually I'm not a birthday guy haha, I don't celebrate birthdays, so who cares? Still, I had a very different birthday yesterday, and it's definitely worth remembering, at least until my next birthday.

Which I hope will be not celebrated this way again.

2 comments:

  1. nxt year we spend ur birthday sending overseas sms =D

    happy belated bday =X (or maybe i should do this on 2nd august? make it 2 mths late)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.