New to Owl Order? Click here for 2009's best posts! 00:00:00

Saturday 10 October 2009

Richard Clayderman

Richard Clayderman has always been my favourite (music) artist, since I was a wee little boy.

For those who don't know him, he's a French easy-listening pianist. His CDs were the first original Audio CDs I bought with my own pocket money. And I didn't just buy one, I bought a whole bunch of them!

One thing I like about Richard Clayderman is the way he took me around the world. He played hundreds and hundreds of songs of different genres -- classical, blues, jazz, pop, you name it, he's got it.

However, one word of warning -- he has his own ways of interpreting the songs he plays! You'll be surprised to find your childish nursery rhymes turned into romantic ballets in Richard Clayderman's hands.

I love his songs so much he gave me quite a bit of influence in my musical education. When I was younger, I enjoyed playing his songs by ear (it is hard to find scores) on the piano. Last year, I played his version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town and uploaded it to Youtube for Christmas. But don't judge Richard Clayderman based on my playing -- let me remind you again that rocks, and I suck!

So naturally, when I was tagged to answer a few questions (understatement, eh?) with song titles from just ONE artist, I instantly chose Richard Clayderman.

Answering them won't be easy though. I have more than 300 of his songs in my playlist and looking for the cheekiest answer can be rather challenging. And I'm not supposed to repeat an answer!

And here goes the questions, enjoy! Or not.



Pick your artist
- Richard Clayderman

Are you male or female?
- A Man After Midnight

Describe yourself
- Blue Eyes (yeah, right!)

How do you feel about yourself?
- Over the Rainbow

Describe where you currently live
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons

If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
- Waterloo

Your favourite form of transportation
- My Way

Your best friend is
- Money, Money, Money (haha, not really true, but not bad!)

Your favourite colour is
- Love is Blue

What's the weather like?
- Yesterday

Favourite time of the day?
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called?
- I Have A Dream (just one?)

What is life to you?
- Another Day in Paradise

What is the best advice you have to give?
- Take That Look Off Your Face (I wanted to write Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!, but that's the same song as A Man After Midnight, my answer to the second question)

If you could change your name, what would it be?
- Prince of the Rising Sun

Your favourite food is
- People (cannibal!)

Thought for the day
- We Are The World

How would you like to die?
- All By Myself

Your soul's present condition?
- Sea of Tears (whoa, that bad?)

Your motto?
- The Winner Takes It All



That's it! I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to answer these questions if you like.

Richard Clayderman FTW!!!

1 comment:

  1. Richard Clayderman ... ooh, he brings back really bittersweet memories of those good ole days ... Ballade Pour Adeline was my ultimate favourite ! Yummy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.