New to Owl Order? Click here for 2009's best posts! 00:00:00

Sunday 18 April 2010

Talking with the Geeky

Warning: High-bandwidth blogpost here!

Many people see nerds and geeks as losers. They think nerds and geeks are those who hide in corners when they attend parties. Those who very politely turn down all invitations to games with strangers. Those who'd rather get lost in a city as vast as London rather than open their mouths to ask for directions. Those who would rather send 20 texts than to make a 60-second call.

Sadly, many of the descriptions fit me. I have to say, as a 20-year-old man with a slightly hunched back, thick glasses and that signature "blur" look, I think I'm quite a bit geekier than I would have liked.

It is not impossible, however, to strike up a conversation to people just like myself. When you hit the right topics, I can babble on for hours (literally), until you wish you hadn't started the conversation at all.



So there you go! Some things you need to know to strike up an easy never-ending conversation with people just like me. Or you don't even need to know those things at all, just allow us the chance to lecture all the geekiness onto you.

Conclusion: nerds and geeks are still people. Only those who have no clue on interacting with them will find them boring.

Not dorks though. Dorks ARE boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.