New to Owl Order? Click here for 2009's best posts! 00:00:00

Friday 30 April 2010

Sights of UK: Derby County FC

Note: High resolution images of all of the following photos are available. Click on the photos to view their higher resolution images.

One quick question: what is UK most famous for?

Food? Nah.

Fashion? Nah.

I have to say the answer is football, and I think a lot of people will agree with me. Most UK visitors will take the time to visit famous football clubs and stadiums, most notably Manchester United. Apparently Man U's souvenir shop even sells golf balls and pacifiers with Man U logos on them.

I haven't got the chance to visit Man U FC (and probably never will), but I have paid a visit to a less well-known FC in UK -- Derby County FC.

Pride Park Stadium Façade
[HiRes] Pride Park Stadium, Derby County FC's home field.

Derbyshire neighbours Nottinghamshire -- it took about 30 minutes of westward driving to reach Derby. Who cares if I was actually there to attend a conference (which was held in the VIP viewing area), I still took the opportunity to snap a few photos.

Pride Park Stadium Crop 1
[HiRes] It's supposed to say "DERBY". The 'E' was covered for maintenance, I think.

Derby County FC's official mascot is the Ram. Wherever you go within Pride Park Stadium (official name for Derby County FC's stadium), you see Rams everywhere.

We Are Derby
[HiRes] Are you Derby?

For an English stadium, I think the Pride Park Stadium scores on just average. Compared to Malaysian stadiums, however, it's obviously lightyears ahead. I remember the dusty, gloomy interior of the Bukit Jalil Stadium, and I was not impressed.

Pride Park Stadium Crop 2
[HiRes] "The Rams".

So few hours later, when the conference came to a close, I left Pride Park Stadium, feeling more fulfilled than before.

Pride Park Stadium Field
[HiRes] Pride Park Stadium's field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.