New to Owl Order? Click here for 2009's best posts! 00:00:00

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Panorama

Note: High resolution images of some of the following photos are available. These photos are marked with [HiRes] tags in their captions. Click on the photos to view their higher resolution images.

A panorama (formed from Greek πᾶν "all" + ὅραμα "sight") is any wide-angle view or representation of a physical space, whether in painting, drawing, photography, film/video, or a three-dimensional model.

Or, in laymen's terms, panorama photos are photos with big width-to-height ratio, and are often combined images of two or more shots.

If you've been following my photo posts for the past few months, you may realise that I have a tendency to shoot photos in portrait (or vertical) rather than landscape (horizontal).

However I recently discovered an open-sourced Linux panorama stitcher called Hugin. And I immediately realised that while landscape photos don't appeal much to me, ultra-wide panoramas are simply breathtaking.

I've played around with Hugin a lot for the past few days and I think I've gotten the hang of it. However, I still need more field-practice when it comes to shooting. With any luck, I may post some quality panos here soon.

Here's a little preview -- a cylindrical projection of my 3-in-one-room, the kitchen, dining room and living room.

54, Sillitoe Court
[HiRes] 54, Sillitoe Court. I'm gonna miss this room some time soon. Stitched image of 8 photos. Click on it for the high-res version, it's worth the extra loading time!

2 comments:

  1. ur 3-in-1 room so spacious!! so nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah haha. it isn't actually THAT spacious. the projection makes it seem bigger than it actually is, especially the empty space around where the camera was held.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.