New to Owl Order? Click here for 2009's best posts! 00:00:00

Thursday 19 August 2010

Sights of Nottingham: Wollaton Hall

Note: High resolution images of all of the following photos are available. Click on the photos to view their higher resolution images.

After seeing the (rather) gloomy indoors of Wollaton Hall, it's time to enjoy the sunshine outside.

Wollaton Hall 3
3-piece panorama of Wollaton Hall.

Nothing beats a great summer day at Wollaton Park. It's been a very, very long time since I've had that much peace.

There was nothing to worry about, other than the occasional I-have-to-clear-my-bladder problem.

Wollaton Hall and Wollaton Courtyard
Left: Wollaton Park courtyard and Middle: Wollaton Hall. Probably the only places within Wollaton Park with toilets, unless you don't mind peeing into bushes...

Everything was peaceful and quiet, save for the occasional chirp of birds, rush of wind, brush of leaves and laughter of children.

Looking Up
Panorama of Wollaton Hall, captured from a low angle.

No skyscraper to block my view, other than the majestic Wollaton Hall. Nothing to stop me from my tracks, except the honey bees and the colourful flowers everywhere.

Wollaton Wall
Details of Wollaton Hall.

Everything seemed so free, so lost in time. The only busiest things within sight were typical English clouds, drifting and twisting at unbelievable speeds. I lied down on a park bench and it felt like falling through endless space, clouds neither within reach nor strong enough to support my weight.

Wollaton Hall 2

Before long, the sun set, it got cold and I became hungry. I started my journey back home, and within 15 minutes, I was standing right beside a busy road, cars hustling past me, driven by busy drivers. I felt like I'd just woken up from a long nap all of a sudden.

A long, long nap with an incredibly sweet dream.

Me
One of the final and finest pictures I took at Wollaton Park. Goodbye Nottingham...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.